Protecting Your Personal Information
We will provide specific notice before collecting any of your personal information (details that can identify you as an individual, such as your name or address). We will explain what information is being collected and how it will be used. You have the right to decline to have this information collected or transferred for marketing purposes.
We collect no personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us. We do not use techniques that collect personal information about you without your knowledge.
We will not transfer your personal information to a third party for marketing purposes unless we have your consent. Any personally identifiable data about our customers or Web site visitors is stored securely.
We collect no personal information about children (under 13 years of age) without the express, positive consent of their parent or guardian.
How We Use Non-Personal Information
AdvanceCarePlanning.ca’s operating system may automatically record some general information about your visit, such as:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as “company.com” or “service.ca” and the IP address of the computer accessing the website, such as “ppp-55”;
- The type of browser (such as “Netscape version x” or “Internet Explorer version x”) you are using;
- The type of operating system you are using (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows)
- The date and time you visit our site and the web pages that you visit on our site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website.
We use this information for statistical analysis, to help us make our site more useful to visitors. We may disclose this non-personal information to third parties such as sponsors, clients or advertisers and/or use it for auditing purposes. This tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any personal data collected.
Cookies can also customize the site to your particular interests or store your personal information, like passwords or user IDs. If a site ever greets you with your name, chances are it’s using a cookie to do so.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this gives you the chance to decide whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to change your settings, please use the help function in your browser.
The alerts will be quite frequent, however, and may eventually become annoying.
You can use the AdvanceCarePlanning.ca website without cookies, but you may have to re-enter information each time you visit.
What about spam?
You will not receive marketing e-mail from this organization unless you have consented to receive it. From time to time we may use e-mail as a way to keep in touch with our existing members, customers and other interested individuals. However, we do not send ‘spam’ (unsolicited marketing e-mail).
If you agree to receive e-mail communications from us, every e-mail message we send to you will include an e-mail address to which you can respond. If at any time you decide you do not want to receive marketing e-mail from us, simply let us know and we will remove your name and e-mail address from our marketing lists. We will do the same with your mailing address and telephone number, on request.
When You Leave This Site
This policy discloses the privacy practices for our website. However, our site contains links to other sites. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit, especially if you share any personal information.
For more information, please contact us.
Links to other sites from www.AdvanceCarePlanning.ca:
The Speak Up Web Site has links to other Web Sites that are not under its control; the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association is not responsible for the contents of any linked Web Site, or any link contained in a linked Web Site, or any changes or updates to such Web Sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association of that Web Site or the information and services provided by that Web Site.
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information you provide to the linked sites.
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association uses the following criteria to evaluate non-Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association Web Sites prior to providing a link:
- relates to the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association’s mission;
- complements and enhances the information on AdvanceCarePlanning.ca;
- provides credible, accurate, current, science-based information;
- is subject to adequate procedures for the review and updating of material;
- primarily focuses on information or educational content, rather than the promotion of a product or service;
- adheres to adequate policies regarding external links and privacy of user data.
These criteria may change at any time without notice to reflect the policies of the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association.
To request a link from the Speak Up Web Site to your Web Site, please e-mail us. All submissions will be reviewed by Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association staff or external reviewers with expertise in the topic.
Currently linked sites undergo periodic re-review annually or as needed.
We make every effort to ensure that our links are up to date. If you encounter a page that does not link properly, please e-mail us.
Permission to link to www.speakupcanada.org
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association may grant the owner of an external Web Site permission to use a hypertext link on that Web Site to www.AdvanceCarePlanning.ca, provided:
- Any text-only link must clearly be marked “Speak Up”. The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association logo may not be used as a hypertext link without express prior written permission from the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association.
- The link must “point” to a page within the www.AdvanceCarePlanning.ca Web Site.
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host Web Site may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association name and trademarks.
- The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion by amending this policy.
- The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association is not responsible for the information or materials contained on the host Web Site. Links to AdvanceCarePlanning.ca are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association of the organization or individual operating the host Web Site or its content.