The Speak Up Campaign is part of a larger initiative Advance Care Planning in Canada: Development of a National Framework and Implementation.
This initiative is overseen by a National Advance Care Planning Task Group. The current members are:
- Sharon Baxter, Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association, Executive Director
- Cécile Bensimon, Canadian Medical Association, Director, Ethics
- Maryse Bouvette, Bruyère Continuing Care, Nurse, ACP Expert
- Earl Campbell, Ontario Consent and Capacity Board, Consumer Representative
- Claire Chapman, Alberta Health Services, Lead Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care Designation
- Stephanie Connidis, Canadian Society of Palliative Care Physicians, Palliative Care Physician
- Fiona M. Crow, College of Family Physicians of Canada, Family Physician
- Kathryn Downer, Quality End-of-Life Care Coalition of Canada, National Director, Pallium Canada
- Cari Hoffman, Fraser Health Authority, British Columbia, Social Worker, ACP Expert
- Alexandra Kushliak, Education Consultant Advance Care Planning/Goals of Care Alberta Health Services.
- Victoria Lehman, Canadian Bar Association, Lawyer
- Kelly Masotti, Canadian Cancer Society, Assistant Director Public Issues
- Laurie Anne O’Brien, Palliative Care Nurses Interest Group of Canada, Nurse
- John You, CARENET, McMaster University, Physician/researcher
- Louise Hanvey, Project Director, Advance Care Planning in Canada, Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
- Nanci Corrigan, Channel 3 Communications, Communications Consultant
- Helena Towle, Project Assistant, Advance Care Planning in Canada, Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
Advance Care Planning in Canada: Five-Year Plan
The Advance Care Planning Task Group went through a planning process in spring 2013 to develop a 5 year plan. The plan includes goals, performance indicators and target audiences.