Advance Care Planning Canada Workshop in a Box
One of the main barriers that keep people from doing advance care planning is a lack of information or resources.
To address this, we created the Advance Care Planning (ACP) Canada Workshop in a Box, a FREE, all in one, out of the box resource for anyone who wants to raise awareness of advance care planning in their communities.
- Comprehensive, high-quality workshop materials that anyone can use
- Content reflects best practices in advance care planning developed in consultation with experts from across Canada
The Workshop in a Box is recommended for:
- Anyone with presentation, facilitation or teaching experience and a passion for advance care planning who wants to spread the word in their communities
- Provincial and local health organizations, including palliative care facilities and associations
We ask that facilitators adhere to some basic guidelines, including:
- Making workshops available to the public free or charge (or on a cost recovery basis). You also agree not to profit from the workshop materials.
- Acknowledge Advance Care Planning in Canada and the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA)
Use at minimum the core slide deck in any presentationto ensure consistency of information.
Visit ACP Across Canada to connect with existing initiatives in your region.
The Advance Care Planning Canada Workshop in a Box has resources to guide you from promotion to delivery and evaluation including:
Promotional Templates (Poster, Social Media) Template
Slide Presentation (core deck and long deck)
Evaluation surveys for participants
The materials are now available to download