One of the main barriers that keep people from doing advance care planning is a lack of information or resources.
To address this, we created the Advance Care Planning (ACP) Canada Workshop in a Box, a FREE, all in one, out of the box resource for anyone who wants to raise awareness of advance care planning in their communities.
- Comprehensive, high-quality workshop materials that anyone can use
- Content reflects best practices in advance care planning developed in consultation with experts from across Canada
- Ongoing facilitator support
We are looking for:
- Anyone with presentation, facilitation or teaching experience and a passion for advance care planning who wants to spread the word in their communities
- Provincial and local health organizations, including palliative care facilities and associations
To be eligible, you must:
- Make workshops available to the public free or charge (or on a cost recovery basis). You also agree not to profit from the workshop materials.
- Acknowledge Advance Care Planning in Canada and the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA)
- Participate in project evaluation surveys and collect participant surveys and feedback for all workshops. This is crucial in order for us to make this the best program possible!
What we offer
The Advance Care Planning Canada Workshop in a Box has resources to guide you from promotion to delivery and evaluation including:
- Poster Template
- Facilitator guide
- Slide Presentation
- Workshop checklist
- Evaluation surveys for participants and facilitators
- Access to one-on one facilitator support through regular check-ins and contact with Advance Care Planning in Canada sta
Interested in becoming a workshop facilitator or learning more?
We are now accepting enquiries for the first cohort of facilitators. Please complete the form below to express your interest by midnight eastern time on November 30, 2021.
The Advance Care Planning in Canada team will review all submissions and follow-up with additional information and materials.
For general questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org