About this Event
We plan for birthdays, weddings, and even dinner – so why don’t we plan our health care?
What health care decisions are made when you are no longer capable of making them yourself? Who acts as your Representative or Substitute Decision Maker? What are your values, wishes and beliefs?
Learn about these terms, what they mean, and how to answer them in the workshop.
Advance Care Planning is often thought of as planning for the end of life, but it is really about planning for life, up to and including death.
It is a process of thinking about what is important to you and what your beliefs, values and wishes are for your care?
Advance care planning is also about sharing those wishes, especially with your substitute decision-maker (the person who will speak for you if you can’t speak for yourself) so that your family and friends know how you would like to be cared for in the future.
But lots of resources have too much medical, and legal jargon. It’s hard to know where to start.
This two-part workshop helps you tackle planning with confidence. You will finish having the tools and skills to start the conversation with your friends, loved ones, and health care providers.
– Part 1: January 14 @ 10:00am PST
– Part 2: January 21 @ 10:00am PST
Each session is approximately 1.5 hours long, and will help participants get started working on their own plans, and having conversations with their loved ones. Register now!
Things to note:
• This workshop is delivered online using the Zoom platform and consists of two parts and attendance is required for both.
• Please download Zoom beforehand and make sure you have a webcam and mic to join.
• Once you register, you will be sent a welcome package with instructions on forms and documents to print prior to the workshop.
• If you are assisting a loved one, family member, or partner during the workshop, only the participant will need to register.
• Each participant should register separately as well as use separate devices during the workshop.
For questions about this event or any other public education events in the future, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org