Advance Care Planning: Goals of Care Designation (Pediatric) Policy – Alberta Health Services – Calgary Zone
Advance Care Planning: Goals of Care Designation (Pediatric) Policy is a policy intended to standardize the processes for Pediatric Advance Care Planning and the determination of Goals of Care; communication and documentation of Pediatric Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care decisions; and dispute resolution mechanisms regarding these issues.
There are a number of forms that support the policy.
Two clinical forms support the policy
- Pediatric Goals of Care Tracking Record – track Goals of Care conversations between families and their care providers.
- Pediatric Goals of Care Designation Order – document the care decision, signed by physician.
- Pediatric Goals of Care Designation Explained – backpage of order form.
Policy Support Materials
- R, M, C, Defined – back page of the Pediatric Goals of Care Designation Order. It explains the Goals of Care Designations in detail.
- Pediatric Goals of Care Designations: Quick Reference Guide – 8.5″ x 11″ poster summarizing R, M, and C designations for your clinical area.
- Pediatric Goals of Care: Quick Reference Pocket Card – wallet size summary of the designations and the core elements of Goals of Care conversations.